Please enable JS

Holiday Accomodation

Holiday Accommodation (Venue Hire)

Venue Hire is an expense that can be salary packaged 'on top of' your salary packaging limit.

What Can I Claim?

The following expenses qualify:

  • Holiday car hire and/or accommodation;
  • Venue hire - function room, marquee (venue hire only, not ancillaries);
  • Cruises, boats (if accommodation provided);
  • Resort accommodation (incl. meals and activities if a single price);
  • Accommodation as part of a tour (50% of tour cost);

Only expenses of your immediate family qualify (must live in your household).

Expenses that DO NOT qualify are:

  • Airfares;
  • Travel;
  • Day tours;
  • Theme parks, kids parties, movies, golf, all leisure activities; and
  • Holidays of relatives or friends, even if you paid.
  • Camp Site Fees/Caravan Parks

Tax Implications?

Your holiday accommodation can be salary packaged in addition to the salary packaging limit. Since 1 April 2017 the maximum value allowed is $2,650 cash value (grossed-up $5,000). The limit also includes any Meal Entertainment expenditure. Also from 1 April 2016, Venue Hire is reported on your Payment Summary. This is relevant for Centrelink, HELP and other income tested government benefits. A value will be first reported on your 2016/2017 Payment Summary.

How Will I Benefit?

Salary packaging this expense means you will earn an extra 'chunk' of your pay tax free. For example, if you stay at a QLD resort costing $3,000, then $2,650 of your wages can be paid to you TAX FREE (in addition to the normal salary packaging limit).

The benefit to you is that you save more income tax. In our example, you don't pay tax on $2,650 of income. Example assumes you do not salary package meal entertainment. The $5,000 (grossed-up) limit is a combined cap.

How is the Money Paid?

The money is paid into your savings account. Your accommodation is reimbursed from your income (tax-free). Proof of expense (Tax Invoice) is a mandatory ATO requirement


To make a claim, please read and complete the Holiday Accommodation Claim Form.

Need Assistance?

If you need help, please contact us.